Chicago Day at the World's
Illustrated With Candid Photographs.
by Gay L. Dybwad and Joy V. Bliss
- The Greatest Day at the Fair: October 9, 1893
- Features 43 Previously Unpublished Candid
- 8 ½ by 11 inches
- 140 pages
- 225 Illustrations Including 9 in Color
- Architectural Quality 2-foot by 2-foot Folding
- Illustrates and Describes Many Souvenirs of the
- World's Fair Photography Chapter by Thomas Yanul
- 1890s Gas Ballooning Chapter by Ruth Owen Jones
AZ residents add 6.8% sales tax
(foreign postage: please inquire)
A Photo-History Book
The Short Six Weeks of Aggressive and Enthusiastic
A Record-breaking Day: 750,000 Fairgoers in Attendance
Grand Parades: Successes and Failures
Spectacular Fireworks: Unparalleled in Its Day.
Unprecedented Problems with Crowds: Transportation, Food,
Water, Lost Children, Accidents, and Control
A Lesson for Today's Big Events
Learn Photographic Processes of the 1890s
Tour the Fairgrounds With the Photographer
Follow His Travels on an Enclosed Two-foot Square Map
Which Details His Route and Camera Lens Angles
Try Recipes from 7 World's Columbian Exposition Cookbooks
Additional information can be found at:
The immensely popular The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson, 2003, incorporates Chicago Day as a key reference.
"Chicago Day will serve as an enduring memorial to one of the major American aspects of the Columbian Exposition."
- Midwest Book Review History Book of the Month, February 1998.
"The Chicago Day book is amazing!"
- Don Marker, retired city editor for the Topeka Capital-Journal, Topeka, Kansas.
|The Book Stops
|8278 S. Rocky
|Gold Canyon, AZ 85118-4938|